Have you ever wondered how some people keep their garages miraculously clean an organized? There is an are and science to it. And it’s not just about keeping your space looking good. Physiologists have analyzed studies that show that organization keeps your mind healthy and focused and you can actually improve athletic performance because you aren’t as stressed. The link to that study is here. Crazy but True.
how to keep your garage organized for your race bike
We hear it all the time. You just can’t keep things organized. But here’s 10 steps you can take to make sure your bike is easily accessible at all times to keep your riding game as fresh as possible.
- Always put everything back in the same place as where it goes. I cant emphasize this one enough. You get into the habit and good things will happen as a result.
- Get an organization plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Write your organization plan down on paper and you will be able to follow it better.
- Get the center cleared. It will make your garage look a lot bigger. You can keep your car in it if need be, if not, you’ll have a place to keep your bike stored.
- Get bike rack hangers. Have you ever seen those people with bikes hanging from the ceiling? It may look a little weird, but guess what, at least they’re not wasting space. Plus those people are usually more organized and less stressed than the rest of us.
- Get organizers for the sides. One of the biggest things you can do is get shelves or organizers to keep everything in its place and away from point #4.
- Make sure you label everything. As long as everything has a place, it should be labeled correctly. It will make your life so much easier if you just organize it, starting in the garage!
What do you think about having a clean garage? Do you notice better performance and less stress when yours is organized? Feel free to let us know in the comments!
[note: This article was provided to us by our biking friends at Phoenix Garage Floor Epoxy. You can visit their website by going to PhoenixGarageFloorEpoxy.com and I’m sure they will appreciate the support!]